Fitness Equipment comes in all shapes, sizes and price brackets. You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on a home gym just to stay in trim. Of course, you can if you have the spare cash and the space, but there are lots of other items which can help you to keep fit without breaking the bank.
Cardio Fitness Equipment
Cardio Fitness Equipmentis designed to get the heart pumping during your work-out. You might even have some of this stuff hiding at the back of the garage or in the under-stair cupboard – get it out, dust it off and get exercising, you really will feel better for it.
- Exercise bike
- Rowing machine
- Treadmill Desk
- Stair climber
- Elliptical cross trainers
- Precor AMT100i
Strength Equipment is designed to build muscle and power. This mostly involves weight lifting, although remember, it’s not managing to lift something the equivalent of the back of a bus once or twice which will help to build your strength, repetitive lifting of smaller weights is actually more effective – it can seem easy peasy to start with, but just wait until you’ve done a few reps. Much of this fitness equipment is actually available for only a few dollars.
- Weight plates and bars
- Weight benches
- Weight machines
- Power racks
- Accessories – you might need some weight lifting gloves to stop you from getting blisters and callouses for example.
Agility and Stamina Fitness Equipment
Fitness equipment which is designed to improve your agility and stamina can be great fun. Some of it might seem impossible to start with, but persevere and you’ll soon get the hang of it – or not!
- Trampoline – who doesn’t like bouncing? You’ll have trouble keeping the kids off it, that’s the only problem.
- Wobble board – who doesn’t like wobbling – ok, it’s not quite the same thing is it, but good fun just the same?
- Balance board
- Fit disc – stand in one place and twist
- Step boxes – again, it seems easy at first. Let’s see how you’re feeling in twenty minutes or so . . .
- Speed ladder
Yoga Fitness Equipment
Some people prefer to take their exercise at a bit of a slower pace, but does that mean it’s easier? No sireee . . .
- Yoga mats
- Yoga blocks
- Foam roller
When you exercise more slowly it can often be more difficult because you need to have a good amount of control.
Fitness Equipment Accessories
There are loads of accessories which can either help to make your fitness routine a little more comfortable, or just help you to know how much work you’ve actually done! Some of these things are also just great fun, and like I said before, you don’t have to break the bank to have a little fitness equipment handy.
- Exercise balls – rolling around on a ball can actually feel quite strange at first until you get used to it
- Medicine balls – heavy man . . .
- Jump ropes – you’ll be surprised at how tiring this is. If it works for boxers, just think of what it can do for you
- Resistance bands
- Pedometers – so just how far do you walk in one day? You might be surprised
- Heart rate monitor – I think this must be broken, it’s gone off the scale . . .